Sam Basharkhah, PE
As the Founder of BEI, Mr. Basharkhah is involved, not only in the day to day operation of the company, but also in the design and production phases of nearly every project.
Mr. Basharkhah is a registered Professional Engineer with over 40 years of experience in the fields of consulting engineering and mechanical contracting. His extensive hands-on experience gives BEI an edge; specifically in renovation projects requiring survey of existing conditions, in cost estimating, and in construction administration.
His list of project experience includes projects in the fields of: health care, residential, commercial office and retail, educational, correctional, municipal, high tech, and food service.
Mr. Basharkhah is a graduate of Southern Methodist University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Ms. Coleman has nearly 20 years of experience in new & renovation construction. In 2001 she started Tice Enterprises Ltd., a HUB Certified business. Following her father’s footsteps she loves rebuilding, beautifying and restoring buildings.Tice is a general construction company with emphasis on Roofing. Ms. Coleman has invested in BEI and joined BEI team as its President, and in this capacity is responsible for matters including but not limited to, reviewing and executing contracts for the company, purchasing, heading the Human Resources, Invoicing, and Account Receivable/Payroll Departments, managing and directing the day to day operations of the company, and directing the financial affairs of the company. Ms. Coleman is looking to expand BEI utilizing her knowledge and expertise in building and specifically roofing industries.
Bachelor of Science in Economics and Finance, Southern Methodist University
Melika Rafiei, NCARB
Vice President & Secretary
Ms. Rafiei is a registered architects in the state of Texas with nearly 20 years of experience in building design & construction. Ms. Rafiei worked from 2001 to 2008 with Gromatzky Dupree & Associates, working on a wide variety of projects form luxury high-rise residential to multiple office buildings and schools. In 2009 she focused on more residential projects, private client and restaurant designs.
By 2010 she started to work with Tice Enterprises, Ltd overseeing commercial and residential construction and design build projects. Ms. Rafiei has invested in BEI and is now a Vice President and Secretary in the firm, aiming to diversify and help BEI to grow.
- Master Degree in Architecture
- Registered Architect, Texas, #25211
- LEED AP BD+C
Henry Q. Santos, PE
Mr. Santos is the Director of Engineering and the Chief Mechanical Engineer of BEI, and has over 50 years of experience in the fields of consulting and plant engineering. Mr. Santos has designed HVAC systems, up to 2000 ton capacity, for commercial, industrial, and institutional projects and has performed numerous engineering and energy calculations & studies. He is familiar with the most state-of-the-art temperature controls and energy management systems. Mr. Santos is a graduate of Mapua Institute of Technology in Manila, Philippines with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering and is a Professional Engineer registered in several states.
- Frisco Bridges – Frisco
- 6-story, 170,000 s.f. speculative office building.
- 120,000 s.f expansion and renovation of existing 65,000 s.f. postal facility.s
- Oak Cliff Bible Conference Center – Dallas
- 28,000 s.f. conference center including a commercial kitchen. MEP systems shall be independent of the existing.
Mr. Backman is a senior Manager for BEI. His day to day responsibilities include the monitoring and design of electrical systems for multiple projects, client contact and MEP Project Management.Mr. Backman has over 30 years of experience in the field of Consulting Engineering. He is also a member of the American Jail Association (AJA).
- USPS Process and Distribution Center – Indianapolis, IN
- 120,000 s.f expansion and renovation of existing 65,000 s.f. postal facility.
- 24 Hr Fitness – Various Location
- Over fifty health club facilities with three prototype designs ranging from 40,000 s.f. to over 100,000 s.f.
- Woodrow Wilson High School Renovation & Addition – Dallas
- Additions and renovations to the existing school with a construction budget of approximately $19.0 million
- Headquarter II – Plano
- 7-story, 210,000 s.f. speculative office building, above 6 levels of open structured parking totaling 290,000 s.f. There will also be a 5,000 s.f. amenity space above the parking structure.
Harold Hobbs, PE
Mr. Hobbs is the Chief Electrical Engineer for BEI and has over 40 years of experience in consulting engineering. His main responsibility is supervising our team of electrical engineers and designers and performing quality control functions on all projects
Mr. Hobbs is a graduate of University of Texas in Arlington with a degree in electrical engineering and is a registered electrical engineer in the State of Texas.
- Villita Tower – San Antonio24-story apartment building; 231 total units; 16 unit types; 252,000 s.f.; 6 level parking garage building with 12,000 s.f. shell retail.
- Westin Hotel – Southlake225 room hotel with full service kitchen/restaurant, 18,000 s.f. of meeting rooms, spa, surface parking.
HVAC system shall be two-pipe chilled water system with a cooling tower or a similar system.
- Bridgewood Senior Living – Houston15-story facility containing 100 independent living units; 40 assisted living units, 32 memory care units, and support spaces. 200,000 s.f.; on top of 3 level structured parking garage; total construction cost: $43 million
- Headquarter II – Plano7-story, 210,000 s.f. speculative office building, above 6 levels of open structured parking totaling 290,000 s.f. There will also be a 5,000 s.f. amenity space above the parking structure.
Lacy Lane, CIPE,LEED A.P.,CPMP
Lacy Lane is a senior project manager/senior mechanical designer with over 30 years of experience in the fields of consulting engineering services. He has been involved in a variety of project types from conception through construction administration. His experience includes projects in the fields of: low-rise, mid-rise, and high-rise residential, hospitality, commercial office and retail, educational, correctional, municipal, churches, and food service.
Lacy Lane’s experience and skills helps keep the projects on schedule and in budget. He is actively involved in quality control and the design of the project during all phases of the production schedule.
- Northlake College – Associates of applied sciences – Air Conditioning and Refrigeration – 1990
- Certified in Plumbing Engineering – 1992
- LEED A.P. – 2004
- Commissioning Process Management Professional – 2013
- Westin Hotel – Southlake
- 225 room hotel with full service kitchen/restaurant, 18,000 s.f. of meeting rooms, spa, surface parking. HVAC system shall be two-pipe chilled water system with a cooling tower or a similar system
- Villita Tower – San Antonio
- 24-story apartment building; 231 total units; 16 unit types; 252,000 s.f.; 6 level parking garage building with 12,000 s.f. shell retail
- Stone Creek Assisted Living – North Richland Hills
- Facility containing 72 assisted living units, 13 memory care units, and support spaces. 78,600 s.f. Five (5) identical duplex cottages with two 1,500 s.f. residences in each
- Stonebriar Office Building – Frisco
- Shell and common area finish out of this 9-story speculative office building including a lobby level, 4 levels of above ground open parking structure at 154,500 SF, and 4 levels of office at approximately 116,800 SF.
Mr. Schriner is a Project Manager with over 30 years of experience in the field of consulting engineering. His daily responsibilities include coordination of efforts between the BEI design team and other professionals involved in the project. He also manages his team of professional engineers and designers at BEI to assure a smooth progress during the production schedule. Mr. Schriner and his team specialize in the design of project in the multi-family and senior living, and have completed more than 150 such projects in the past fifteen years. His knowledge of construction techniques and applicable codes used in multi-family construction makes him a valuable manager for such projects. His involvement in each project begins at early SD phase and will continue through the completion of the construction phase.
- Stoneleigh Residences Dallas, TX
- Gleann Loch Farms Assisted Living Houston, TX
- Time Square McKinney, TX
- Cypress Creek Apartments Pasco County, FL
- Broadstone Galleria Dallas, TX
- Cypress Creek Apartments Pasco County, FL
- Cinco Ranch Assisted Living Houston, TX
Stephen M. Wells, Jr., CPD
Mr. Wells is a Project Manager for BEI. His day to day responsibilities include monitoring and management of all airport projects at BEI as well as managing various special projects.
Mr. Wells heads up the plumbing department for BEI and brings with him over twenty-six years of plumbing and construction administration experience.
- Associates Degree in Drafting and Design
- Navarro College CPD Certification
- ASPE Memberteam