Sam Basharkhah, PE
Since founding BEI in 1991, Mr. Basharkhah has been involved in the design phase of nearly every project, while simultaneously managing the day-to-day operations of the company. Mr. Basharkhah is a graduate of Southern Methodist University, as well as a registered Professional Engineer, with over 40 years of experience in the fields of consulting engineering and mechanical contracting. His experience includes projects in the fields of health care, education, hospitality, food service, municipal, residential, correctional, commercial office, and retail. Mr. Basharkhah’s leadership, extensive experience, and expertise in his field lend BEI an edge in the industry.
Ms. Coleman joined the BEI team in 2016 in the role of President and has been instrumental in the growth and success of the company. She is an ICC trained and recognized contractor with nearly 20 years of experience in both new and renovation construction. Ms. Coleman obtained her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Finance from Southern Methodist University. As President, she directs the financial affairs of BEI, while reviewing and executing contracts for the company.
Melika Rafiei, NCARB
Vice President & Secretary
In 2016, Ms. Rafiei joined BEI as the Vice President and Secretary of the organization. Ms. Rafiei has a Master’s in Architecture and is a registered architect in the state of Texas with nearly 20 years of experience in building design & construction. With experience in luxury high-rise residential, office buildings, and schools, as well as a background in commercial and residential construction, Ms. Rafiei lends invaluable perspective to the business dealings of BEI.
Henry Q. Santos, PE
Mr. Santos is the Director of Engineering and the Chief Mechanical Engineer of BEI, and has over 50 years of experience in the fields of consulting and plant engineering. Mr. Santos has designed HVAC systems, up to 2000 ton capacity, for commercial, industrial, and institutional projects and has performed numerous engineering and energy calculations & studies. He is familiar with the most state-of-the-art temperature controls and energy management systems. Mr. Santos is a graduate of Mapua Institute of Technology in Manila, Philippines with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering and is a Professional Engineer registered in several states.
- Frisco Bridges – Frisco
- 6-story, 170,000 s.f. speculative office building.
- 120,000 s.f expansion and renovation of existing 65,000 s.f. postal facility.s
- Oak Cliff Bible Conference Center – Dallas
- 28,000 s.f. conference center including a commercial kitchen. MEP systems shall be independent of the existing.
Mr. Backman is a senior Manager for BEI. His day to day responsibilities include the monitoring and design of electrical systems for multiple projects, client contact and MEP Project Management.Mr. Backman has over 30 years of experience in the field of Consulting Engineering. He is also a member of the American Jail Association (AJA).
- USPS Process and Distribution Center – Indianapolis, IN
- 120,000 s.f expansion and renovation of existing 65,000 s.f. postal facility.
- 24 Hr Fitness – Various Location
- Over fifty health club facilities with three prototype designs ranging from 40,000 s.f. to over 100,000 s.f.
- Woodrow Wilson High School Renovation & Addition – Dallas
- Additions and renovations to the existing school with a construction budget of approximately $19.0 million
- Headquarter II – Plano
- 7-story, 210,000 s.f. speculative office building, above 6 levels of open structured parking totaling 290,000 s.f. There will also be a 5,000 s.f. amenity space above the parking structure.
LACY LANE, CIPE,LEED A.P.,CPMP
Lacy LANE IS A SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER/SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGNER WITH OVER 30 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELDS OF CONSULTING ENGINEERING SERVICES. HE HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN A VARIETY OF PROJECT TYPES FROM CONCEPTION THROUGH CONSTRUCTION ADMINISTRATION. HIS EXPERIENCE INCLUDES PROJECTS IN THE FIELDS OF: LOW-RISE, MID-RISE, AND HIGH-RISE RESIDENTIAL, HOSPITALITY, COMMERCIAL OFFICE AND RETAIL, EDUCATIONAL, CORRECTIONAL, MUNICIPAL, CHURCHES, AND FOOD SERVICE.
LACY LANE’S EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS HELPS KEEP THE PROJECTS ON SCHEDULE AND IN BUDGET. HE IS ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN QUALITY CONTROL AND THE DESIGN OF THE PROJECT DURING ALL PHASES OF THE PRODUCTION SCHEDULE.
- NORTHLAKE COLLEGE – ASSOCIATES OF APPLIED SCIENCES – AIR CONDITIONING AND REFRIGERATION – 1990
- CERTIFIED IN PLUMBING ENGINEERING – 1992
- LEED A.P. – 2004
- COMMISSIONING PROCESS MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL – 2013
WESTIN HOTEL – SOUTHLAKE
225 ROOM HOTEL WITH FULL SERVICE KITCHEN/RESTAURANT, 18,000 S.F. OF MEETING ROOMS, SPA, SURFACE PARKING. HVAC SYSTEM SHALL BE TWO-PIPE CHILLED WATER SYSTEM WITH A COOLING TOWER OR A SIMILAR SYSTEM
VILLITA TOWER – SAN ANTONIO
24-STORY APARTMENT BUILDING; 231 TOTAL UNITS; 16 UNIT TYPES; 252,000 S.F.; 6 LEVEL PARKING GARAGE BUILDING WITH 12,000 S.F. SHELL RETAIL
STONE CREEK ASSISTED LIVING – NORTH RICHLAND HILLS
FACILITY CONTAINING 72 ASSISTED LIVING UNITS, 13 MEMORY CARE UNITS, AND SUPPORT SPACES. 78,600 S.F. FIVE (5) IDENTICAL DUPLEX COTTAGES WITH TWO 1,500 S.F. RESIDENCES IN EACH
STONEBRIAR OFFICE BUILDING – FRISCO
SHELL AND COMMON AREA FINISH OUT OF THIS 9-STORY SPECULATIVE OFFICE BUILDING INCLUDING A LOBBY LEVEL, 4 LEVELS OF ABOVE GROUND OPEN PARKING STRUCTURE AT 154,500 SF, AND 4 LEVELS OF OFFICE AT APPROXIMATELY 116,800 SF.
Mr. Schriner is a Project Manager with over 30 years of experience in the field of consulting engineering. His daily responsibilities include coordination of efforts between the BEI design team and other professionals involved in the project. He also manages his team of professional engineers and designers at BEI to assure a smooth progress during the production schedule. Mr. Schriner and his team specialize in the design of project in the multi-family and senior living, and have completed more than 150 such projects in the past fifteen years. His knowledge of construction techniques and applicable codes used in multi-family construction makes him a valuable manager for such projects. His involvement in each project begins at early SD phase and will continue through the completion of the construction phase.
- Stoneleigh Residences Dallas, TX
- Gleann Loch Farms Assisted Living Houston, TX
- Time Square McKinney, TX
- Cypress Creek Apartments Pasco County, FL
- Broadstone Galleria Dallas, TX
- Cypress Creek Apartments Pasco County, FL
- Cinco Ranch Assisted Living Houston, TX
patricia dubose is the office manager at BEI, handling day to day logistics and human resources. she has been a fixture at bei for the past 27 years and ensures that the team runs smoothly.